Job Title: Senior Credit Analyst / Portfolio Manager
The Senior Credit Analyst / Portfolio Manager of UFC will be responsible for providing analytical and administrative support to UFC. Key responsibilities will include reviewing new commercial loan opportunities, as well as monitoring, maintaining and enhancing business lending workflows.
The position will be expected to function as a key lending resource for UFC. This individual will be joining an active and top-performing team while providing support through financial analysis, CRE underwriting, investment report packaging, market research, and closing. This position would possess the business and technical skills needed to underwrite, document and administer a commercial loan portfolio that follows all policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing support through underwriting, loan request/investment report packaging, due diligence, closing, servicing, and various support functions.
- Plans and schedules own workload to best utilize time and most efficiently provide commercial real estate research, analysis, packaging, and loan closing services.
- Prepares underwriting of commercial real estate properties based on historical financial statements, projections, and market standards to determine a projected income, value, and loan amount.
- Prepares investment reports in compliance with company guidelines and investor requirements. These reports include an analysis of the borrower, property, underwriting, valuation, location, market, leases/rent roll, photographs, aerials, maps, etc.
- Market Research – Gathers information that would be valuable. This may include, but not limited to site, neighborhood, and city data including demographics, sales and rent comparables, absorption surveys, and occupancy studies.
- Provides loan closing coordination including collecting due diligence items, ordering third-party reports, coordinating with all parties including borrowers, lenders, and legal counsels, and acting as liaison with the servicing department.
- Portfolio analysis, lease reviews/briefs, and normal routine servicing duties through local market knowledge.
- Responsible for providing investors and borrowers and internal teams with prompt quality service in a friendly and professional manner.
- Formally assesses the risk ratings of proposed loans relative to UFC’s and partners credit risk management standards.
- Perform underwriting, credit analysis, analyze and spread financial statements and closing of commercial loans in order to satisfy production goals while maintaining credit quality and credit policy adherence.
- Works closely with the Chief Lending Officer to ensure they are apprised of any issues related to lending systems and credit quality.
- Analyze and spread financial statements for existing and potential new clients. Provide preliminary recommendation as to the feasibility of the credit request.
- Monitor the credit facility once it is booked, including an assessment of interim financial information, borrowing base reports, and other supporting documentation.
- Participate in loan committees on an as needed basis.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum two-years’ experience either as a Credit Analyst or Portfolio Manager with experience in business and finance.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to calculate NOI, DSC, ROC, IRR, etc.
- Active community involvement: Represent and promote UFC and partner credit unions at various civic and community functions to enhance the organization’s image.
- Knowledge of regulations pertaining to lending, collections, bankruptcies, credit cards, and loss prevention skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
- Ability to be successful with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Prior working experience in or with Credit Unions CUSO’s, and/or financial services preferred.
- Deadline-driven with the ability to manage multiple assignments with changing priorities.
- Collaborator, strong work ethic, and passion to work in the commercial real estate industry.
- Strong efficiency and skills w/ MS tools (Excel, PowerPoint), CRM systems, lending systems, etc.
- Working in a stationary position for 75% of the work day
- Utilizing the phone and computer 100%
- Moving, lifting and/or carrying 20 pounds with or without accommodations
- Bending, twisting, kneeling, stooping or crouching when appropriate, on occasion
- Repetitive movements, including but not limited to typing, mouse usage, phones, etc.
Required Work Schedule:
Standard Monday through Friday business hours as well as evenings and weekends, as needed.